Friday, April 27, 2007

training and test ride

Time to test out the new compact crank newly installed by bicycle builder Will. Thanks Will. I was looking for climbs nearby that would mirror the Quadbuster that I along with 2200 other lifecyclists will face in June. It occurred to me that it's not just the climb up the accumulation of miles before you begin the climb. A hard learned lesson on my Lake Arrowhead climb. The Quadbuster on it's own doesn't look that bad but add 2 long rides before that climb and it will be much more difficult than its elevation profile suggests. Click here for Quadbuster.
So I figured that Mulholland to the top of Stunt road would provide a better simulation of the effort that will be involved. It's elevation profile looks considerably tougher and the total distance will be just about 10.5 miles one way. Click here for the ride. This ride includes one of the steeper blocks I've ridden in SoCal. Click here for a map of that section. For all the maps you can click on the elevation button to see the climb profile.

No comments: